I came across this recipe on Never Skip Dessert and thought it would give me the perfect opportunity to use the cookie press I’ve had stashed in my closet for over a year. They turned out wonderfully! They were light and airy with a sweet and mild flavor. My Betty Crocker Cookie Press soo easy to use – I’ll definitely be adding this to my list of Christmas cookie keepers!
- 1 ½ cups butter
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 egg
- 2 tbsp milk
- 1 tsp vanilla
- ½ tsp almond extract
- 3 ½ cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- Optional: sprinkles, food coloring
- In a medium bowl, cream butter and sugar until well combined.
- Add egg, milk, vanilla and almond extract; beat well.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together flour and baking powder; gradually add to creamed mixture, making a smooth dough. Do not chill.
- Place dough into cookie press and press cookies onto ungreased cookie sheet. Sprinkle with sprinkles.
- Bake at 375 for 10-12 minutes or until lightly browned around edges [baked 8-10 for me]. Remove cookies from sheet; cool on rack.