There is no better pair than peanut butter and chocolate. None. The cake had a really rich flavor, despite being from a box mix (although this is a trick I use often and I love it). The consistency of the buttercream was normal, I used a little less powdered sugar so it would be a little more like a frosting. There wasn’t too strong of a peanut butter taste, so I would consider adding more if I make it again.
1 box dark chocolate cake mix
2/3 cup melted butter
1 1/4 cup milk
(I don’t have the box in front of me anymore, but I added one egg, substituted milk for water, and doubled the amount of oil and used melted butter).
- Preheat the oven to 350 and grease the pan.
- Melt the butter in the microwave.
- Add melted butter, eggs, and milk to the mix and mix with a beater (1 min low, 1 min medium).
- Add mix to greased pan and bake for about 20 minutes.
- Let cool.
Peanut Butter Cream Cheese Buttercream:
8 oz cream cheese
1/4 cup softened butter
1/3 cup peanut butter
3 1/2 – 4 cups powdered sugar
1 tsp vanilla
1 pack Reese’s pieces, chopped
- Cream butter, cream cheese, and peanut butter until smooth.
- Add vanilla.
- Slowly add powdered sugar until desired consistency/taste is reached.
- Sprinkle Reese’s piece on top.