I’m a pescatarian, but I rarely eat seafood – mostly because I really don’t care for that fishy taste. OOh, but I do love a good beer-battered fish fry. I’m from Wisconsin, so that’s second nature! Regardless, this just may be the best way I have ever eaten fish. My husband and I were both ooh-ing and ahh-ing throughout dinner. It was juicy and tender, with a hint of lemon and pesto. The breadcrumbs on top added a slight crunch that gave it just the right amount of added texture. The only change I would make for next time is to up the pesto for a total of 2 tsp to give it a little more of a pesto flavor.
Lemon Pesto Baked Tilapia:
- 2 tilapia fillets
- 1 garlic clove, finely diced
- 1 1/2 Tbsp mayonnaise
- 2 Tbsp grated parmesan
- 1 1/2 tsp pesto
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 1 Tbsp Italian style breadcrumbs
- pinch salt and pepper
- Mix everything (except the fillets) together in a small bowl.
- Turn oven to broil and line a baking sheet with tin foil.
- Broil fillets for 2 minutes, then flip them and broil for an additional 2 minutes. The flipping is much easier with a spatula. Flip them again, and spread the lemon-pesto mixture over the top, sprinkle with additional Italian breadcrumbs if desired (I highly recommend this to add texture).
- Broil for 2-3 minutes, or until fish is cooked and flakes apart nicely.