I stumbled across a pin titled OMG Chicken on pinterest and it sounded too easy not to try. It had a broken link and I couldn’t find the dish on the website it was pinned from; fortunately the directions were in the pin description. I cut it in half for a quick and easy dinner for two…well, I’m a vegetarian so it’s dinner + lunch for my husband. He loved it, though! And with how easy it was to prepare, I can definitely see myself making this again. I served it with a creamy skillet corn that was amazing and
just might be is definitely my new favorite way to serve corn!
- 2 chicken breasts, thawed (slice in half if very thick)
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 2 Tbsp Parmesan
- pinch of garlic salt and pepper
- Italian breadcrumbs for sprinkling
- Place chicken breasts in a 9×9 baking dish lined with foil.
- Mix sour cream, Parmesan, garlic salt and pepper in a small bowl.
- Slather over chicken breasts and sprinkle Italian breadcrumbs over top, I used maybe 2 tsp.
- Bake at 350 for 25-30 minutes for a thinner breast, up to 45 minutes for a thick one.
Creamy Skillet Corn (serves 2, from plainchicken.com)
- 1 1/2 cups frozen corn, thawed
- pinch of salt, pepper, and garlic salt
- 1/2 Tbsp sugar
- 2 Tbsp butter
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/2 Tbsp flour
- 2 Tbsp milk
- grated Parmesan for sprinkling
- Melt butter in a skillet, then add corn, salt, pepper, sugar,and water.
- Cover and simmer 5 minutes or until corn is heated thoroughly.
- Combine flour with milk, whisk with a fork until smooth. Stir into corn.
- Cook five more minutes, stirring constantly.