I am not functional without caffeine. I can (and have) had coffee-less days, but they are a rarity. It’s true that I find my eyelids feeling heavier and heavier mid day and need a little energy boost, but that aside, I really do love the taste of coffee and espresso. This salted caramel latte is delicious, and it won’t require you to stop out of your way and pay $5!
- 1 Tbsp salted caramel
- 3/4 cup cold milk (I used 1%)
- 1/4 cup caramel macchiato coffee creamer
- 2 shots of espresso
- Mix milk and coffee creamer in a cup and place in freezer for a few minutes so that it is very cold. This makes the steaming process much easier!
- Brew espresso (2 shots) and pour in a glass.
- Add salted caramel sauce and stir.
- Steam the milk mixture and pour over espresso. Use a spoon to get the last bits of foam if you have to, it’s worth it!