Sprinkles make everything better. When I was younger, I would actually buy quins just to eat them by the handful… What can I say, I love sugar! Don’t know what a quin is? They’re the flat-ish sprinkles that come in a million different shapes (I even have a container with cows, dinosaurs, and dolphins). If you’re craving a thorough explanation on types of sprinkles, check out Love From The Oven’s Sprinkle School. It’s true though, sprinkles do make everything better – including these cake batter rice krispies. They were so delicious with a subtle cake batter flavor and were super marshmallow-y. See how the marshmallow just stretches apart?
Ooey, Gooey, Deliciousness! I cut them with heart cookie cutters, dipped them in pink candy melts, and decorated them with -you guessed it- more sprinkles! Completely adorable. The perfect Valentine’s Day treat! Not like they lasted until anywhere near V-Day, they were gone after a couple days.
Funfetti Cake Batter Rice Krispies (Adapted from Rice Krispies)
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 2 1/2 cups mini marshmallows
- 1/3 cup yellow cake mix
- 3 cups crisped rice cereal
- 3 Tbsp sprinkles + more for decorating
- In a large saucepan, melt butter over low heat. Add marshmallows and stir continuously until melted. Remove from heat.
- Add cake mix and stir until no clumps remain.
- Add the cereal and stir to evenly coat. Add sprinkles and keep stirring until distributed throughout.
- Use buttered hands or a piece of waxed paper to press the mixture into a 9×9 baking dish. Cut and serve.
- OR press them into a 9×13 dish so they’re thinner, then use a buttered cookie cutter to cut shapes out. Dip them in melted candy melts and decorate with sprinkles because that’s just way cuter!